What is it about CHANGE that we all resist?
I can remember many times in my life that things were not going as planned, but I would instinctively resist the need. Logically I knew that without doing something differently there was not reason I should expect an improvement. Being human is sometimes so challenging …
But, with a fresh view there seems to be hope for even the most resistant of us. Three things that get me back on track to Changing The World (at least myWorld ):
1. Change is the Hope for better things to come!
- Not to change usually means we will continue to stall.
- To change is necessary to have hope for better results.
- Think of it as a new beginning point – that can be exciting!
Overcome that Change resistance with a desire to improve, and a commitment to a New Start – Fear turns to Excitement!
2. We have can depend on others; our Relationships!
- We are not alone.
- We can often have a more certain direction by consulting those we respect.
- Encouragement goes a long way – engage those around you to help.
Often we feel unique, and that no one shares our challenges. The reality is that most have probably at one time or another shared your challenges – and really would like to help!
3. Over time, we learn a series of directions that worked, as well as many that didn’t!
Adopt Core Principles that work:
- We learn from our past Successes
- We learn form our past Failures
- Putting the two together over time, and we become better and more confident at Beneficial Change.
Learning from our past and from others increases our odds of success, and gives us continuing hope!
In a way, CHANGE is at the core of DouglasCalvin.com. For those at a stall point, whether it be reaching goals at work or at home we need to evaluate and act! But not with rules that others make, but rather with steps that WE develop for OURSELVES! I invite you to explore and learn with us!
Question: What do you feel when you have reached an “Overloaded” point in your life?
That’s my sharing; Please post your thoughts and social 👍 in return! ☺
“SIMPLE Concepts. POWERFUL results. GROW with the Flow!”™
If you enjoyed this post, Get Updates – They are FREE!