You Can’t Make this Stuff Up: EQUIPMENT RETURN TIME SPIRAL – HELP!
We enter the day full of enthusiasm, and out of nowhere appears an unexpected time trap. A time spiral that makes us shake our head, but most importantly ties up our precious time that could have been used elsewhere.
The story unfolds:
When you deal with a company to do a simple transaction, such as send back a product or piece of equipment, have you ever had to go thru something like this:
- Call #1 – wrong instructions and 1 week delay
- Call #2 – wrong instructions again and 1 week delay
- Call #2 – wrong instructions again and 1 more week delay
- Call #4 – Finally the right answer; nothing to be done (oh how I wish I had gotten this person the first time)!
Impact: 40 minutes of my time needlessly wasted, and 40 minutes of the service provider’s customer service employees time wasted!
Lessons from this real life example.
TIME EXCELLENCE™ lessons we can learn:
- Training, Training, Training for the customer side of businesses
- Communication, Communication, Communication – they evidently didn’t have access to the correct information.
- Leadership should strive to excel in understanding the customer experience.
- Work with companies & individuals that respect your time. You don’t have time to spend on the time wasters.
These lessons apply to us on both sides of the transaction:
- As the service provider possibly at our workplace, and
- As the consumer or customer.
What will we choose going forward?
- Will we be sensitive and observant to our outgoing service levels?
- Will we migrate our business as a customer to those organizations that respect our time?
I hope so, because that takes us one step closer to our TIME EXCELLENCE™ goals!
Want to hear the whole story? Click on The TIME EXCELLENCE™ Show Video or Podcast below. (And also check out the cartoon link)
Stay in Touch!
Listen, View, and Contact Here:
E-mail: click here
Keywords: TIME EXCELLENCE™, Time Management, Douglas Calvin, DouglasCalvin.com, Out of Time, Making More of a Difference, Time-Crunched, Time Crunched, Lean, Lean Flow, Six Sigma, The TIME EXCELLENCE™ Show, Training, Speaker, Consulting, Workshops, Purpose, Goals, Results, 3 Phases, 7 Steps, Podcast, Improving Organizational Performance.
Question: What category of organization wastes much of your time (no names, please – let’s be nice) – Grocery Store, Hair Dresser, Utility Company, TV Service, Phone Service, Etc?
Leave us a comment now!Follow Douglas