Time-Crunched; Do you feel Alone or that you have lot’s of Company?
It’s human nature to feel that we are different than everyone else, especially when we are down and overwhelmed. That’s often the case when we are Time-Crunched and feel as though we are running in circles with no progress on what we have to get done.
So, are we really ALONE, or do we actually have LOTS OF COMPANY???
The fact is, 1 in 2 people feel Time-Crunched!
How many – 1 in 2 people? Think about that for a minute. You are having coffee at your favorite coffee shop in the morning. You glance around the room and estimate there are about 20 people trying to kick start their day. Of those 20, approximately 10 are having those same “Time-Crunched” feelings of not having enough time in the day to accomplish what they want!
- 48% felt they didn’t have enough time in 2015, as reported by a recent Gallup survey.
- The trend is flat for 14 years. What! I thought things were getting worse overall, but actually the level is holding constant.
- Misery loves company? Do you feel any better knowing you have a large community – well, maybe or maybe not? In any case, knowing how wide the issue is should change your outlook on how you might think about the challenges of the day!
Take Away: You are not alone at all in your hectic, time-crunched day. Every other person you meet is feeling the same!
And if you are in these groups, you REALLY HAVE COMPANY!
And the “Time-Crunched” feeling INCREASES if you are part of these groups:
- Working: If you work, the percentage of those not feeling they have enough time increases to 61%!
- Have Children younger than 18 years old: If you have children younger than 18 years old, the percentage of those not feeling they have enough time also increases to 61%!
That makes sense, doesn’t it? If you work, your time is spread thinner than if you didn’t. And children…well enough said. We all know that that will increase the challenges of getting everything done. Does that mean not to work or have kids; well, I don’t think so. But when you do, the challenges are real!
Time-Crunched? – If yes; WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY! If no, AT LEAST HALF OF US ARE ENVIOUS!
Which group are you in – do you feel you have enough time in the day? ☺ Participate in the community; leave your comment below…
Doug and Janet
Time Excellence: Maximize Your Time – Make a Difference! ™
Keywords: “Time Excellence”, “Time Management”, “Time Crunched”, “Out of Time”, Goals, Dreams, Purpose, “Douglas Calvin”