Time Opportunity – THE lesson I try NOT to forget!
If there is one lesson I have learned and try to remember, it is to take advantage of Time Opportunity!
There was a time that I was too focused on the “wrong things”, to see the “right things”. Now, I think I am doing a little better at it.
You see the other day my daughter called to say that she would drop off the card table at our house that she had borrowed. I took the time to ask what brought her near the house, and learned that she was taking our granddaughter to dance lessons, and would come by before the lesson. I also learned she had the 2 boys with her also.
“What if I met you at the dance studio and took the 2 boys to the nearby park for the hour?”
“Sure, that would be great!” she replied.
You see, by being flexible with my time and work schedule, we were able to:
- Save her a trip by me picking up the card table at the dance studio – WIN!
- Let me get a granddaughter hug just before her class – WIN, WIN!
- See my daughter – WIN!
- Let my daughter watch my granddaughter’s dance practice uninterrupted by a couple of bored boys (I will get to see the dance at the recital) – WIN!
- Free the boys to run in the park and play after being cooped up in school and the house all day – WIN, WIN!
- Give me a needed break from work – WIN!
- Let me play with the grand-kid boys – WIN, WIN,WIN!
So you see, by recognizing time opportunity (check out the Episode 1 video here) and acting on it, a tedious errand was converted to at least 11 WINS!
Did you know that we all have opportunities like that if we just learn to see them?
That makes me smile! 🙂
Share: What is an example of a time opportunity you had this week? Comment Below.
And Remember to Pass this on to others if it makes sense to you!